Why did you decide to begin with “Marinteknikdagarna”?
- The days are for our students to present to a real audience. It keeps them on their toes. Before we used this concept the students were sometimes unfocused during presentations. We therefore wanted to create an arena that was exciting and with an audience you did not want to embarrass yourself in front of, says Karl Garme.
- We also wanted an exchange between the rest of society and academia and show what we are up to at KTH. It is important for us to discuss the industry´s and government´s opinion about our work. People should come to discuss and comment on what we are doing.
What will the programme contain?
- During two days the students presents their master thesis, bachelor thesis or projects they been working on during the year. Almost 40 presentation will be held within eight sessions. Each session has a specific theme and is led by someone from the industry or the public sector. The first evening a “job fair” is arranged and the last day ends with a dinner, says Karl Garme.
Are there any new themes for this year’s programme?
- New for this year is for instance waterborne public transportation, oceanography and ice, and human factors and the environment. Public transportation on water is for instance something that I introduced for the students after SL sent out a request for information regarding modern shuttles for the waters of Stockholm.
Who should come and how do you register?
- All interested are invited, just pop by, for as long as you like,, but please register if you wish to get coffee, lunch or dinner!
Please register here. For questions regarding registration please contact Josefin Severholt: jsev [at] kth.se (tel. 0707-399241).
The conference will be held 10-11/6 in room D3 (Lindstedtsvägen 5). The job fair and pub night 10/6 will be held at T-centralen (Drottning Kristinas väg 29).
Text: Carolina Kihlström