IVL was founded jointly by the Swedish government and the Swedish business sector in 1966, IVL Swedish Environmental Research Institute is Sweden’s first and oldest environmental research institute. Today IVL work with applied research and on commission to promote ecologically, economically, and socially sustainable growth within business and society at large.
- IVL will complement the joint work in Lighthouse through their expertise and their active work in the environmental field, both in terms of emissions to air and to water, Åsa Burman, director of Lighthouse says.
As an associate member in Lighthouse you can participate in Lighthouse activities such as research and innovation projects. You are also a part of the planning and development of Lighthouse.
IVL also gets a place in the Lighthouse Program Committee, which meets 10-12 times a year. The Program Committee has worked out the ten prioritised areas which are the foundation of Lighthouse efforts to achieve the vision of a competitive, sustainable and safe maritime sector with a good working environment.
- I hope to help strengthen the Lighthouse research on the maritime environment and that IVL will be an active participant in various projects, Erik Fridell at IVL says.
The members of the Lighthouse Program Committee
- School of Business, Economics and Law at the University of Gothenburg
- IVL. Swedish Environmental Research Institute
- Royal Institute of Technology, KTH
- Linnaeus University, Kalmar Maritime Academy
- Swedish Maritime Administration
- Swedish Mercantile Marine Foundation
- Swedish Shipowners´ Association
- Swedish Maritime Technology Forum, SMTF
- Victoria Swedish ICT
- Region Västra Götaland