- We want to strengthen the connection with universities and the research community, as a part of our and the shipping industry's competence provision, and also to offer graduates a good start and a way into the industry, says Urban Lishajko at Wallenius Marine.
What do you expect from a Lighthouse trainee?
- Engagement, someone who can look at things with new eyes and have a willingness to take on tasks in different environments and want to share their ideas.
What can you as a company benefit from receiving a trainee from Lighthouse?
- To be seen as employer and company. You can get to know a potential future employee.
The trainee programme involve different actors in the Swedish maritime industry; shipowners, shipyards and manufacturers, classification societies, authorities, designers and more. Together the participating companies is offering the trainees a structured programme where they will rotate at different hosts in order to maintain as broad experience and network as possible after completeness. Lighthouse accepts two trainees per season.
- Master of Science in Naval Architecture from Chalmers Technical University, Gothenburg or KTH, Royal institute of technology, Stockholm
- Excellent communications skills in English and Swedish
- Maximum one year of work experience after graduation
- Good communication skills with the ability to network and build relationships
The application process for the 2018/2019 season begins now in December and ends January 31, 2018. For more information, follow the link below or contact Lighthouse.