Fathom News som är en del av engelska Fathom Maritime Intelligence har listat åtta universitet som ses som huvudaktörer när det gäller avancerad maritim research med starka kopplingar till den maritima industrin.
- Chalmers, Mekanik och maritima vetenskaper
- Southampton Solent University
- University of Southampton
- University of Tasmania
- Copenhagen Business School
- The Centre for Maritime Studies, National University of Singapore
- The Singapore Maritime Institute, Singapore
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Department of Marine Technology
När det gäller Chalmers och Lighthouse skriver Fathom News:
”This Swedish university is involved in a wide range of projects and research initiatives and is linked to the Lindholmen Science Park that allows industry, academy and public sector to run research and development projects in transport, ICT and the media. A comprehensive test simulator for marine transport and navigation is based here to help develop sustainable transport and electric propulsion.
Chalmers is also connected to the Lighthouse project, which provides research and networking platforms to support maritime research and projects. The project serves to develop Sweden as a key player in sustainable shipping through innovation in logistics, navigation, energy efficiency and alternative fuels.”